Name:

Hi! My name is Kari and I am a Stay-at-Home wife and mother. I have 1 daughter for now and am constantly struggling to make my new lifestyle work for me.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Day of Firsts


Today was a very exciting day for us! The Button went to the zoo for the first time and also went to her first minor league baseball game! (It was also the first time she got to eat cereal in the back of our SUV and promptly smear it all over the carpet. And her first time smearing poop all over everything - But we are focusing on the positive today.)

Anyway, as we were sitting at the game today, I realized that I hadn't even thought of the fact that a foul ball could fly back and hit Button in the head. I voice my concerns to the hubster, who tells me that I am over reacting - after all, we are on the first base line, and we are pretty far back and all that. Well, what do you think happens? Yep - a foul ball is hit about 3 or 4 seats over from us. Picture both of us cowering with our hands, arms, bodies and water bottles (for batting the ball away, of course!), trying to protect Button's head. Nothing happened, and the ball ended up right under our seat - so we have a souvineer of the Button's first ball game (see picture above). I would rather have bought a dang ball and not had to have a mini freak-out session (and subsequent discussion about investing in Charmin stock so that I can wrap up the Button at all times to prevent injuries (hers) and heart attacks (mine)). Would we look like over-protective parents if we made the Button wear a bike helmut to baseball games?

Then, the mascot came over to us and tried to get me to give him a bite of my ice cream. Did you get that? He TRIED TO TAKE A BITE OF MY ICE CREAM!!!

What?

No - I don't think that it is irrational to yell at a thing with a head three times it's body size (and made of cloth and plastic) for trying to take my ice cream - I thought about bringing out my water bottle again, but this time to beat the mascot off my cone - I thought that might be a little traumatic for the other children at the game, so I held off.

People irl know that you don't mess with me and my ice cream. The hubby has come near to losing a finger for trying to take my ice cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home