Name:

Hi! My name is Kari and I am a Stay-at-Home wife and mother. I have 1 daughter for now and am constantly struggling to make my new lifestyle work for me.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

My Dearest Hubby

A couple of things I would like you to know:

1) When I call you at work to ask you a simple question, it would be much easier to just answer the question than to talk about how you don't have time to answer the question. For example, and we are saying hypothetically here of course, let's say that I call you at work to just ask you if you are excited about being offered a new job. You say, "I'm really busy and I have to get this file done and blah, blah, blah" for about five minutes, when you could have said, "Yes, I am" and that would have been the end of the conversation. You have to remember that when you are out of town, I don't have a lot of other people to talk to and I definitely don't have someone who understands the situation as well as you. I also get lonely. Yes, lonley. Because I have a 7 month-old who, surprisingly, doesn't have a lot to say about the situation. This is also a big decison in our lives and I don't have anyone to talk to about it, so you need to give me a couple minutes of your day to reassure me that you are, in fact, as excited about this development as I am.

2) Wedges are a style of shoe, very trendy right now and they cost around $50 or less depending on where I get them and after reading the above, I think I am going to buy a couple of pairs.

For those of you not on the phone last night, here is a glimpse into our conversation:

Hubby: So have you decided what you are going to buy with your gift card yet? Are you going to buy shoes?

Me: Yeah, I saw these really cute shoes at Ann Taylor Loft. They are wedges with laces that tie up your leg. They are super cute summer shoes.

Hubby: *blank stare* Wedges? Like a sand wedge? A pitching wedge?

Me: *blink**blink* What?

Hubby: *thinking hard, then whining* Whaaaat? You said wedges.

Me: Yes, you said are you going to buy shoes, and I said Yes, Wedges. Wedges are a style of shoe. Plus, a golf club would look kind of weird tied around my leg.

Hubby: Well, sorry! When you say wedges, I automatically think golf.

Me: Actually, they are “Espadrille Wedges”

Hubby: Espa-What’s?

Me: I don’t know, that’s what they’re called.

Hubby: (giving up) How much do they cost?

3) I love you. I do.

Updated: I just got my mother's day flowers! I have to grovel now because Hubby remembered that Gerber Daisies are my favorite flowers in the whole world! Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home