Name:

Hi! My name is Kari and I am a Stay-at-Home wife and mother. I have 1 daughter for now and am constantly struggling to make my new lifestyle work for me.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Our Weekend

So this weekend, we are going to my brother's 8th grade graduation. Yes, we still have them in my small (400 people) hometown. And yes, I do have a brother in 8th grade. I am 29 years old, and I have 3 brothers, 28, 15, and 14. Did you notice the 13 year gap? Something else interesting about me - my brother (I call him my big, little brother) and I are the same age for 11 days! Anyway, moving on...

I am also trying to finish the nursery here at home - yes, I realize that my daughter is 6 months old, but I am a procrastinator... Even worse, I am a procrastinator who doesn't really like to make decisions. So, I have finally (Yes, finally!) picked out my paint colors. I am going to have a purple chair rail* horizontally around the room and then purple, pink, green, blue and yellow stripes vertically below the rail. Above the rail, I am going to paint a few big flowers randomly throughout the room. All of this will coordinate with the quilt that I made my daughter while pregnant. YEAH!!! I hope to get the painting done this weekend and will try to post some pictures of the finished project.


* I use the term chair rail loosly as it is just a painted stripe around the room - this because I absolutely KNOW that I would not get an actual chair rail up in the next 3 years. That and the cost - paint is definitely cheaper!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home