Name:

Hi! My name is Kari and I am a Stay-at-Home wife and mother. I have 1 daughter for now and am constantly struggling to make my new lifestyle work for me.

Friday, May 19, 2006

To my wonderful garage door:

I would like to thank you for all that you do for me. I don’t think that I truly appreciate how hard your job must be. You alone are responsible for keeping out those thieves looking to steal a nice (gas guzzling) vehicle. You also help to keep the wind, rain and hail off of our cars, saving the time and energy of filling out insurance forms.

I guess that given these grave responsibilities, it would be too much to ask that you also open and close whenever I push the little gray button on my garage door opener. Yes, the little gray button that I push repeatedly and with increasing vehemence and sometimes accompanied by some no so nice words.

Okay, I have to admit that you do an okay job opening when I push the button in the garage and when the nose of my vehicle is pressing on you – it must be that you can feel the “love”. I just don’t understand why you repeatedly refuse to close. Oh – I do realize that you will not close if something is in the way – like a vehicle trunk or a stroller - that makes complete sense. However, we do need to talk about the refusal to close when you are presented with a truly insurmountable obstacle – like a gust of wind, or perhaps a spider web. We are never really sure why you will not close. We run up to your sensors and rub the glass – thinking that you are seeing a speck of dust. We remove all the cobwebs within a 20 foot radius. We carefully make sure that all vehicle parts and random strollers are out of the way. We have lovingly set up a wind block on both sides of the garage door, but to no avail. I am hoping that by writing this letter, we are able to establish a truce. If you could just close after the 20th push of the button, we promise that we will not jab, jab, jab at the opener and we will speak lovingly to you at all times. Thank you for your time.

Your loving servant,

Kari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home