Name:

Hi! My name is Kari and I am a Stay-at-Home wife and mother. I have 1 daughter for now and am constantly struggling to make my new lifestyle work for me.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Whine, Whine, Whine

We survived graduation. Barely. It was excruciating. There were about 18 senior graduates and about 18 8th grade graduates. The ceremony lasted over 2 hours. First came the slide show with a baby picture, about 3 elementary/junior high pictures, and then the senior picture of each graduate. Then the extra-curricular activities with pictures of the seniors in each activity... Geez... After the slide show, processional, benediction (there was a special vote by the seniors to be able to do the benediction during the ceremonyy), senior song (imagine crappy cheesy song about how sad it is to be leaving high school), saludatory address, something else boring, then the validictory address, then... dun, dun, dun... the class history. This is what kills me... they go through each year from kindergarten to senior and say the names of the people in the class, the teacher and some "funny" antecdote from the year. I have no idea why they do this. I do have the right to complain because I had the exact ceremony when I graduated from high school and I didn't understand why we said the class history back then. Anyway, my 8th grade brother did get his "diploma" and then we got to eat cake, so the day wasn't a complete loss.

God, this post sounds whiney. Can you tell the baby didn't sleep at all last night? Yes, with all the festivities at my parent's house, she fell asleep at 9, got woken up at 9:30. Went to sleep at again at around 9:45 and got woken up at around 10. Went to bed at 11:30 again and woke up 3 more times before 1:30. Not that people were at the house at 1:30, but apparently she doesn't like sleeping in strange places. She finally slept from 1:30 to 5:30 after we put her in her carseat. The super frustrating part is that she had been sleeping for 11 hours a couple of weeks ago, but has apparently decided that she likes seeing Mommy in the middle of the night again.

Whatever, I am done with what I will dub the Whiney Post. I promise to be more positive tomorrow. I am going to have another glass of whine (oops, I mean wine).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home