Name:

Hi! My name is Kari and I am a Stay-at-Home wife and mother. I have 1 daughter for now and am constantly struggling to make my new lifestyle work for me.

Monday, June 26, 2006

I'm Back! Finally!

Anyway, Sorry for the LONG, LONG delay and if you are still reading my blog - THANK YOU!! I just looked at my last post and noticed that it has been over a month since I last posted - Geez, time flies... Things have been crazy around here.

After our vacation to Colorado at the end of May (it was fun, but fairly un-eventful), Hubby was gone for his job for about 5 weeks straight. I went up and visited my parents for a week and then I was busy trying to get in a routine with Button and trying to get myself in a workout routine. Now everything is changing again because Hubby started his new job today. That and I have a friend moving to Omaha this week (yeah!) and we are trying to figure out how we can start working out together, hoping that we will be able to motivate each other.

My newest (and oldest) project is trying to organize our basement. Yes, we were working on that last month, but unfortunately I am now organizing all of our paperwork and trying to figure out a system that works for us. I say that this is my newest and oldest project because I have just started working on it, but it is our oldest project because it is the one that has been hanging out there for the longest - mainly because I have dreaded working on it. Why do I dread working on it? Well, just read the e-mail that I had to send Hubby and you will understand:

Hubby -

If you want me to pay bills on time, you need to put them in a place where I
will actually find them. Putting them under a pile of magazines on your shelves
in the basement store room is not a good place to put them. Now all you will
have to do is put them in a labeled file box conveniently located to the left of
the computer. This will be labeled "Incoming Mail" to avoid confusion. This
file box will contain all things that come in the mail and I will go through
them on a bi-weekly basis, moving them to their appropriate places. Please DO
NOT attempt to move them to their appropriate location - that is MY job. Note
that the location of this box is NOT in the basement storeroom between the pages
of your magazines. :)

Your (trying to be organized) loving wife,
Kari

Sounds like Button is up from her nap so that is all the time I have for today. One quick note though - Button turned 8 months on Friday and started crawling and clapping her hands on Saturday! Fun! I have learned that I need to vacuum the floor more often now because she has discovered her opposable (sp?) thumb and enjoys eating the grass and other general debris that graces my floor. Funny, she will eat that, but makes a face at the banana puffs that I try to give her at meal-time. Oh well...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home