Name:

Hi! My name is Kari and I am a Stay-at-Home wife and mother. I have 1 daughter for now and am constantly struggling to make my new lifestyle work for me.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I went running yesterday. Pick up your jaws now, I'll wait...

Okay, yes. I went running - or more like jogging, but whatever - it was faster than a walk, thus it was running. I ran for a mile, then walked a mile, then ran until my knee started having stabbing pains (about 1/2 mile) then walked for another mile or two. This is the first time that I have run any significant distance since I found out I was pregnant with Button, so it is going on two years. I can't even talk about the sadness I felt when I realized that I was no longer 21 and my body started to remind me that I was no longer that young and resiliant. Ahhh, the soreness today! Oh, and for my effort, I thought that I deserved to step on the scale this morning to see that I had lost at least 5 pounds, but NO - not only had I not lost 5 pounds, it appears that I have gained 3 pounds for my effort. Could have been that I decided that I deserved a treat (or 2 or 3) yesterday for being so good and running. I guess it is going to take more than one running session to lose those last 15 pounds...

Anyway, I walked/ran around a lake with a trail winding down by the lake, past a prarie restoration area and through many canopies of trees. It was beautiful. All of the fall colors were just starting to make an appearance and the yellows and reds and oranges were amazing. When I stopped on the dam and looked across the water at the prarie restoration, it was breathtaking. There was almost no wind, the water was calm and I could look across the lake and see trees changing colors, a beautiful blue sky, red flowering bushes and birds of many varieties. I almost forgot that I was in the middle of a city until I walked a little further, looked to my right and lo and behold - a shopping mall. Alas, all good things must come to an end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home