Name:

Hi! My name is Kari and I am a Stay-at-Home wife and mother. I have 1 daughter for now and am constantly struggling to make my new lifestyle work for me.

Friday, October 06, 2006

I treat him like a king...

I have been trying to be a better wife. I am not a mean tyrant or anything, but I figure if I am going to be spending the next 10-15 years of my life being only a wife and mother, I had better make an effort to do a good job, right?

ANYway. In an effort to be a better, more loving wife, I have been making my hubby breakfast. It really isnt' a big deal, just some toast, cottage cheese, fruit (in a cup), V-8 juice and a vitamin. All of it can be done in less than 5 minutes. I do really well on Mondays and Tuesdays. On Monday and Tuesday, I use the cute little plates with matching little bowls with the cottage cheese and fruit put lovingly into the bowl. The english muffin is lightly toasted, just the way he likes it with just the right amount of butter and jelly, spread all the way to the edges.

By Wednesday morning, I am still using the plates (if I remembered to start the dishwasher last night and they are clean), but the breakfast is not quite so lovingly put on the plates. More like it is flopped onto a plate or into a bowl after toasting the toast to however the toaster is set at the time. The jam or jelly is slathered on the toast. It goes down hill from there.

By Friday, Hubby is lucky to even GET a plate, mainly because they are all dirty because I almost certainly forgot to start the dishwasher last night. The English muffins are flopped onto a paper towel, probably burned to a crisp because I forgot them in the toaster and then had to “re-heat” them again, then again until they resemble a hockey puck. I can’t just start over with the English muffins because it is most likely the very last English muffin, or anything toastable, in the house. The cottage cheese and fruit are served directly from the container with a plastic spoon because incidentally, the spoons are not clean either.

But I am trying and Hubby never says a word about the burnt toast. I guess that you could say that on Fridays I treat him like a king. I bring him burnt offerings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home