Name:

Hi! My name is Kari and I am a Stay-at-Home wife and mother. I have 1 daughter for now and am constantly struggling to make my new lifestyle work for me.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Just DO it already...

Why is it so easy to find excuses to work out? Seriously, I do love the feeling that I get after a good sweat, but why is it so hard to start? I do NOT like the post baby body that I now have, so why is it so hard to work out. I only want to get up the motivation to walk on my treadmill for 30 minutes. 30 measley minutes... Instead I am sitting here at my computer typing, typing, typing. I am not cleaning my bathrooms. I am not putting on my workout clothes. I am typing. Oh, and where does the time go while I am on my computer? Is there a time thief that makes my computer clock jump ahead by an hour? Some kind of trojan horse that sneaks in from Blogger and steals my time? Why does time on the computer fly by and 30 measley minutes on my treadmill feels like eternity? And by 30 minutes on my treadmill, I am not talking about running for 30 minutes, I only want to go on the dang thing and WALK for 30 minutes and then spend 5 minutes doing crunches or something to get rid of the jelly belly, but NO. Why, Why, Why?

Okay, I am going to put on my shoes and walk - even though those shoes have dog crap on them from my last working out a week ago. Yes, as a reward for my walking I got dog crap on my shoe. Did I ever mention that a pet peeve of mine is people who don't pick up their dog's crap? I have a dog and I do not enjoy the smell of fresh, warm dog crap as I bend over to pick it up* while trying to keep the baby stroller from rolling away, yet I DO IT! Yes, I do it and if you have a dog, you should do it too. That is my public service announcement. Just DO it!

Speaking of Just DOing it, I have a treadmill to attack. Wish me luck!

*I use a plastic bag, so don't get grossed out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home